Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Accessorizing ~ My New Service

Accessorizing our homes can be the bane of our existence for some.  These finishing touches to a room can get so many in a tizzy or worked up that they just don’t do it.  This leaves rooms feeling like something is missing or that they are unfinished.

B&W floor Source unknown

I try to offer people more variety in the services I offer, letting them know that I will work with them hourly and not just for a major project.  This can be a great option if you are just looking for some help in accessorizing a room or rooms and it won’t break the bank. 

books and antiques Source unknown

I conduct an Adult Education class at our local high school twice a year {Spring and Fall}.   I’d love to do a class on accessorizing, but they put me in an area that involves a lot of stairs and it would be difficult for me to bring in some accessories and set up examples. Keeping that in mind, I have a new service I’m adding to my menu ~ accessory parties!

books and antiques 2 Source unknown

Accessory parties take place at someone’s home.   They get a group of friends/family together, get the fee together from the whole group, and pick someone’s home to have it in.   I come in and work with the accessories that are in the home.  If you don’t have accessories, you can either pool together accessories that the group owns or an additional option would be for me to shop for some accessories and bring them in.

living room Source unknown

I am currently working with a client on several rooms.  Custom bookcases were made for the formal living room.  I will be shopping this week for accessories for these bookshelves and am really looking forward to decorating them. 

woodpanelwall Source unknown

Please know that not every space, surface or wall needs to have something on it.  Sometimes a visual break is needed.

If you would like more information, please contact me through my website.

I apologize for not having any of the sources for these pictures.  I have had them saved for so long and it was prior to my adding a source name to the save file.

Creative Home Expressions is located on Long Island, New York, and offers interior decorating, redesign, home staging, color consultations and more.  Please visit our website for a list of our services and fees.

8 comments:

Angie Acapella said...

what a great idea. and I believe you've found a need that a lot of us have...what to do with all this stuff to make it look right! lol good luck with this!

Unknown said...

Kathy,
What a wonderful ideal for a party.
This is one party I could really use! I have book shelves that are really kicking my behind!! Can't wait to see what you do! I have been collecting ideals from all over the net, for inspriation.
Sandy

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

What an awesome service, ah, but you're a tad too far to come to my house :)

xxoo

One Cheap B*tch said...

That does sound like a great idea for a party. Time away from the kids, a glass of wine and looking through home accessories sounds like heaven to me!

Jeanine

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

What a great idea! I do redesigns and work with existing pieces. The option to buy new is always there but most often it's using what the client already has.
The party sounds like a really fun idea! Hope you're going to have before and after pictures of the job you're working on now.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Kathy, What a wonderful post! I love the "finished" look that accessorizing bring to a home.
What delightful images.
If I lived closer, I would be in one of your classes... for sure!
It was just lovely to stop and visit you today.
Yvonne

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fabulous service you are offering. I sure wish I was close enough to take one of your classes. Your inspiration pics are all just stunning. Accessories totally make the room in my opinion, and for me it is always trial and error. Mostly error. lol

Thanks for your kind comments about my kitchen and the use of the paste wax. You mentioned using it on your oak cabinets. Be sure to do the inside of a door first. My friend tried it on her oak and the grain almost turned black, I don't know if the door just wasn't sealed well or not, however, it really didn't look very good. Yet, I used it on an oak table and it looks gorgeous. So test it first. Hugs, Marty

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Good Morning Kathy!
What a wonderful Post!I am sure that your Classes are Full! I really Love the Bookshelves with Botanical Prints! So Beautiful!
Thank you for Stopping By and your Encouraging Words. It is so Appreciated!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Hugs
Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...